Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Thu May 19 2005 07:18 PM
Re: maybes

Quote:

thats because i'm concerned with more than the next six hours, keith. i'm still not buying the official that the 'remnants' will keep on booking ene. they'll go generally that way, just not quite so fast. partially because adrian may decouple from its convection partially, and drift more to the east. provided it didn't do this over land that would give it a higher chance of regeneration, clinging to the periphery of the subtropical jet and not being completely sheared out. i thought the intensity was a little low and recon confirmed it (didn't think the central pressure was that low though). so as far as the maybe's i had earlier, they've grown if anything. adrian is keeping inside that range of intensity that doesn't allow the forecast to be straightforward. the safest bet is that it doesn't regenerate, but i don't think it's quite that clear cut. it's just going with analogous climo, and the shear conditions (which don't always have the same effect on NE-ward moving systems).
HF 2008z19may

what do you suppose will happen if the storm happens to miracoulsy avoid the shear? The most important hours of a storm are the hours of landfall...and we're already on to bigger and better things. I just feel doing that will have a total disregard for what will happen in CA...that's all.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center