Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri May 20 2005 05:59 AM
Re: arlene may have to wait

adrian is moving inland now, as per the intermediate advisory. the stats were adjusted to very minimal hurricane strength, so adrian's feet-dry survival chances are slimmer yet. the convection will probably shear off overnight and leave a flaring, exposed llc. since the nhc has been discussing the idea for days, i reckon they'll continue to track whatever comes off even if it's really pathetic as far as tropical cyclones go. even odds they'll call it t.d. adrian or t.d. 1A. the chances of it ever getting back to t.s. strength aren't too great, but if so, it'll be one of those interesting decision-making processes to see what the nhc does. they probably just want adrian to go away, rather than have to listen to half the folks who think differently than their application of naming conventions bicker about them. i've done that often enough that... well, i feel a little guilty. the discussions issued so far have done much to explain their philosophy and i applaud them for that. makes it easier to ignore that opinionated historical database nazi in me that wants to see congruencies and consistent application of the rules throughout. what can i say, climo is my thing...
unless adrian pulls something else miraculous (aside from being the only hurricane to landfall in el salvador on record).. that's probably our may system right there. in retrospect, am a little surprised that the major media hasn't picked up on this odd little storm. i guess if it isn't threatening new orleans or miami it isn't news. but then, if it doesn't make the news now it will be because it didn't hurt el salvador/honduras too bad. so say a prayer that adrian doesn't get a headline, for the welfare of our neighbors to the south.
HF 0658z20may

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center