Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Jun 01 2005 11:28 AM
Re: The 2005 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins Today

Greeting Phil and all the CFHC regulars...

Yep kicking off another hurricane season today, been reading all the interesting posts but just don't have the mo to get that excited.... yet.... my season starts in Aug so I'll just kinda hang back as see what happens till then... would not surprise me at all for things to be slow for a while, but you never know do ya... not going to get excited about every "blob" that shows up in the GOM.....

Much more prepared this year than last... got me a 5.5 KW generator and in the process of building me some real functional storm shutters... plywood is such a pain.. Agree with you Phil that a little TS would be fun to see but certainly don't want to wish a major on anyone... still feel that we in Biloxi dodged a bullet last year with Ivan....

anyhoo, hopefully we won't have another "season from hell" as you so eloquently stated. Should be an interesting and exciting season if all the experts are correct..... sure hope the great state of Florida has a quite year but wouldn't bet on it ...

Frank P....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center