LI Phil
(User)
Sat Jun 04 2005 12:40 AM
Re: Interesting Flareup

what he means is that certain storm names (allison was finally retired after 2001 I believe) almost always are memorable, but are not damaging enough to be retired. i believe that until last year, every storm named bonnie reached cane status, and i also believe every storm named "gert" (which is on the list for '05) has also achieved cane status...

as you know, every six years, storm names are recycled, unless they are retired...so certain names over the years gain "reputations" if you will for causing mischief or becoming canes, or whatever...and arlene fits that mold...

EDIT: arlene has traditionally produced a June storm...i didn't read HF's post thoroughly, but the above statement still holds true...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center