doug
(Weather Analyst)
Mon Jun 06 2005 06:11 PM
Re: The 2005 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins Today

The possible investigationyou reference is the ECarib feature. The interest in these items stems from persistence in the WCarib, and better signature in the ECarib, meaning that if something tropical develops it will do so more quickly there, than in the W Carib, where the weather features effecting development are more sharply defined; i.e. a narrow sharp trough/ upper low to the nw over the western Yucatan and a very narrow ridge between that upper low feature and the one just ahead of the Ecarib feature, which upper low is just south of Hispanola.
I think the trough to the nw of the Wcarib feature will erode over the next few days and the ridge will build and if a low develops it will come from the tropical flow coming off the northern SA coast and will likely deepen near Hondouras to the point where there may be an invest there in a few days.

But that is just me thinking out loud.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center