Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Tue Jun 07 2005 05:22 AM
Re: The Caribbean West or East?

Well it can be around all week, but tell the CMC model run to stop bringing anything into my back yard. Though I still think the odds of anything coming from this is extremely low, maybe 1 in 5? perhaps lower odds? and the odds that anything forming would shoot north and split the Yucatan Channel is pretty low as well. But, better to be alert than to be shocked. it's something to watch, but I'll be more interested how things lookin 48 - 72 hours.

If something forms in the eastern Caribbean, I would suspect the storm would be hybrid, particularly if it forms north of Puerto Rico. The odds of 2 storms in June? low. The odds of 2 storms at once?? Even lower. Anyone want to try to think of the odds of that one? Heck has there ever been 2 storms at once in the atlantic Basin in June?

Ok, enough rambling
-Mark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center