Clark
(Meteorologist)
Tue Jun 07 2005 11:41 PM
Re: The Caribbean

MikeG -- that's our MM5, and by our, I mean my lab's MM5. I don't doubt it for a second, but the development there is still a bit of time ahead in the future. It's been persistent on this feature, though, so we'll see what comes of it. As a heads-up, starting tomorrow, we'll likely be doing 00z *and* 12z runs of the MM5, with output from the latter available late in the afternoon.

As for your other post - yes, that sort of thing is what I'm getting at. Look not just at one level, though, but at a series of levels and at the differences between those levels (the vertical wind shear). We don't have all of that output to the web for the MM5, but you can see it with the GFS, NOGAPS, or any other model.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center