wxman007
(Meteorologist)
Wed Jun 08 2005 10:52 PM
Re: 18Z Runs w/ NHC Track

Quote:

well, either i'm smoking grass or the tampa met is because it is my understanding of the bermuda high (pardon the pun) is that it affects atlantic storms, particularly CV long trackers, but not GOM storms....i don't believe it has much, if any, influence on gulf storms.

somebody please correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe there are other factors (like the ridge clark mentioned) which would cause this TD to move NNW, but not the BH

The Bermuda High's influence will depend on it's strength. Ivan was steered, at least in part, by the Bermuda High.

Don't mistake the upper level ridge that is forecast to develop over this system with the BH...BH is a surface feature...however, you are both correct. If you look at a current surface analysis of the Atlantic the BH is there, although much further NE than the height of the season last year. This system will track around the "edge" of the BH, but will also ride 'underneath' the ULH...does that make sense?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center