Domino
(Weather Guru)
Thu Jun 09 2005 02:42 AM
Re: Tropical Depression #1 Forms in the Caribbean

I went to a speech over the weekend given by Jim Lushine with the NWS who seemed quite convinced that the wet spring we've had in Florida would mean no storms for Florida this year. This being due to the position of the Bermuda high. I am kinda thinking this would be the case in a "normal" year - but I believe the weather pattern we've experienced for the past couple weeks was actually due to enhanced activity tropics (including our current TD) - not due to the Bermuda high being further North/West. Any thoughts on this?

BTW - I am in Fort Lauderdale on business till further notice. Nice of my employer to send me here from Indiana right in time for the season. I have noticed since I have been here that the TV stations seem to be the most hyped-up people on earth. This week its "Trouble in the tropics" but every day they are trying to scare people with something new...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center