Katie
(Weather Guru)
Thu Jun 09 2005 02:55 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Arlene Forms in the Western Caribbean

Okay, advise please.

News Channel 8 (John Winter) out of Tampa Bay said this morning that there was a very good chance that our weather was going to be affected over the weekend by Arlene. Giving us a 60% chance of rain and said that it could go up.
What is the real possibility of that happening?

I am trying to plan my daughter's second birthday party for Saturday at 4 and one of the things I got her is for outside. I would really like to be able to set it up for the other kids to enjoy to but, if the weather is going to be nasty - I won't so that she doesn't get bummed by not being able to play on it.

Any ideas out there? I am just East of Tampa in Polk County. I am just curious if I should just leave it boxed up for another week and plan the BBQ for indoors.

Thanks!
Katie

P.S. Skeetobite or Mike C, I need your help, I may be contacting you in a little bit. Phil suggested I talk to you. Thanks!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center