Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Thu Jun 09 2005 03:17 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Arlene Forms in the Western Caribbean

We will (are) be getting the outer bands from Arlene, so John Winter is correct. A lot of the mets are saying that they may have to "up" those rain chances before all is said and done. The thunderstorms are already beginning to pop and they are from Arlene, believe it or not. Sheesh.
As for your daughter's birthday party, I would watch the weather over the next day and see what they are telling you. If you have an 80-90% chance of rain, you may want to hold it indoors or you may want to put it off. But, as you know, living in Florida means we can get rain at any time. I'm in Polk county, too.
Don't know if that helped or not (probably not) but my best advice is to go with whatever your gut tells you. No matter what happens, things usually turn out fine.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center