abyrd
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Jun 09 2005 06:31 PM
Re: arlene

It's not a matter of being worried it will hit Orlando. My comment was more to the people who are saying it won't affect Orlando. Checking the great wind probability chart from the NHC, Orlando has a 5 % chance of TS winds between now and Sunday. I felt that it was irresponsible to say no chance of it hitting here.
Jason clarified why they wouldn't discuss the chances of severe impact on Orlando.

If you haven't looked at the wind probability chart, that was a great addition to the NHC's tropical storm package. Living inland, we were without a lot of information that the coast had. This gives inlanders an opportunity to know what their impacts may be in any storm. Kudos to them.

As long as I can still fish Mosquito Lagoon this weekend, I'm happy.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center