adogg76
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Jun 09 2005 07:36 PM
Re: hunch

Ok....am located in Melbourne, Fl. and a band is moving thru from the Storm......Winds increased suddenly to about 10-15 mph....HEAVY rains....will be moving thru soon but more is on the way!!! Cloud formation and movement is similar to Charley.....although of course, nowhere near a severe.

My family took a donated truck, with donated supplies, and handed them out to people in need in Port Charlotte on Easy st. My grandparents had lived there awhile, and I felt compelled to do something...it was a WAR ZONE....complete with soldiers and M-16's...the most important thing I can think of is this....STAY OFF THE ROADS!!!! So many gawkers were out resulting in HUGE backups of traffic.....supplies and help stranded for hours on roadways because people wanted to make there town was still there. It wasn't and your curiosity jeopardized much...Stay home unless necessary to leave.....I understand that in the mind of Joe Public....that storm should have come nowhere near where it did...thanks "models".....but still...if a storm is anywhere nearby, get ready.....it is Thursday and I am ready for this one already.....anyways...it was good to get there and help....but we realized we needed to get out of the way so we did returning home. Then we rode out Frances and Jean and I felt the concrete beneath my feet SHAKE!!! And the same human need to see things caused more traffic and snarls on the roadways that should have been kept clear for emergency help!

Blah blah, not meaning to drone about things......There were so many good things that came from those storms....seeing people help each other.....that it becomes easy to forget the 1000+++ DEAD in Haiti from the same storm that battered our 3/4 of a million dollar condo vacation homes on the beach......did Miami get enough hurricane aid I wonder???
I'd like to add that I was trying to phone in reports to channel 13 orlando until my power went out....their daytoday coverage is weak in my opinon....but Stormtrackers Rule....it was good to have my info passed on to anyone who may have needed it.

My water is stored, pantry stocked, cards being played......bring it on!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center