Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Thu Jun 09 2005 08:51 PM
Re: Center reforming?

Hey, buddy! They let you out on good behavior! Yeah!

Do you remember last year when I had all those problems with the *frogs* leaping all over my back porch pretty much paralyzing me in fear? Well, they're baaccccckkk. Snakes, too. I just went out on the porch to check my rain meter (1") and there were two little garter snakes (at least I hope that's what they were) slithering around in the pool area. I picked them up and threw them out the porch door! The creatures are searching for high ground, I suppose.
I noticed the GFDL was initializing way too west with Arlene on the model maps, but I don't know how much confidence they have in that model with this storm. By the time I'm done writing this, the 5pm will be out and we'll all know whether or not the center has reformed or the track has shifted. Although I'm going to bet that it won't be shifted much, if at all.
Also, I didn't know this...but the hurricane hunters are also checking out 91L. Hm. Could we have TS Alrene AND TD#2 at 5pm?

Also...almost the entire southern half of Florida is under a flood watch.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center