Rick on boat in Mobile
(Weather Drama Guru)
Thu Jun 09 2005 09:15 PM
Re: new track

sorry about the remark about New Orleans...didn't mean to imply i was wishcasting. However, since I made the remark...I will say this...New Orleans is below sea level, and at the current time, they DO NOT have the pumps and engineering in place to deal with a 4-5 direct hit. they have dodged bullets since hurricane Frederic hit Mobile in 79....and even before that....

it seems like it will be a busy year, doesn't it?....anyone wanna discount the fact that they say we are in a period of intesified activity...plus with global warming...what are we to expect?.....

this site will do much to alleviate unnecessary fears...and when the big one comes, if it does...to do what is necessary to protect life and limb.

You can't predict them accurately...up until late in the evening...when Ivan hit us...we all thought we would wake up with destruction..and yet...at the last minute....Ivan jogged to Pensacola...and we were spared. Had it stayed the course...my boat would've been demolished...so the lights could actually go out...and then...the thing could make a last minute jog...and hammer 50 miles this way or that...and it makes a BIG difference....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center