berrywr
(Weather Analyst)
Thu Jun 09 2005 10:51 PM
Re: New Vortex

I took a long look at the satellite loop over the system and the loop between 1545Z and 2145Z shows a slow drift to the N, but I don't see any evidence of a new center, and the center is currently exposed. Between the upper trough in GOM, the shear which appears to be slackening, it begs the question with the dry entrainment affecting it to the west, we could be looking at a hybrid system and as you know those systems tend to have a large circulation envelope. I don't buy the new vortex with what I'm seeing on the visible satellite. If I were to look at the water vapor; maybe, the visible clearly shows a closed circulation away from the convection; though it is not too far away. It is clearly not in a good environment to wind up with the upper trough to the west and it's dry air.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center