GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Fri Jun 10 2005 12:56 AM
Re: Hmm.

I have been looking at a water Vapor loop out of Miami, and if that Front looking area coming from the West does not speed up or slow down, it looks as though it could steer this storm closer to Florida than was originally forecast by the models. I know that there are many scenarios to choose from, but it looks eeriely similar to the path that Gabrielle took back in 2001, when we went to bed and she turned into a hurricane and came through Polk County as a very comparatively minimal storm. Thankfully she was not terribly destructive. In fact I believe, I went to work only to find out that we were closed and by the time I got back home 4 miles away, she had come through our area. Our bosses were so aggravated that they had closed the office for what amounted to a heavy rain storm and 20 minutes of winds over 30 miles per hour. Its amazing how 3 hurricanes in one season can change your perspective on what danger and excitement can be like.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center