Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Jun 10 2005 01:01 AM
Re: Atmospheric Pressure

Wow Terra, I'd love to know what you do for a living. I am assuming you are not a meteorologist but are some kind of scientist because you doing some advanced thinking on Atmospheric Science there.

I could try to explain it to you but I would need an hour, a good dynamics textbook for re-inforcement and some NoDoz to keep you awake.

The bottom line is that there is a relation but it is not a constant relationship. It's a lot to do with upper air dynamics and global patterns. Basically at the same level, if the temperature is different than so will be pressure. If the temperature dropped than it's likely that the pressure will be higher, but not in direct realtion and not due to the reduction in temperature.

Look, I took three semesters of dynamics and it's still fuzzy sometimes. I hope this answered your question.

At least I tried!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center