berrywr
(Weather Analyst)
Sat Jun 11 2005 07:36 AM
11/0745Z - Arlene Update - MS/LA landfall?

I posted earlier about a MCC moving due W. I think Arlene has finally gotten herself together and the little clear dot just to the east of the MCC appears to be what some might consider an "eye" or the latest in new centers. Last couple of frames on satellite show her consolidating around this fix and a general movement to the NW. I think NHC will have to consider moving watches & warnings westward. I wish I had looked at this sooner, but if everybody looks at the 500mb UAA and the 11/06Z RUC, you'll note a COL to the storms NW and WNW. Why I didn't think of that earlier, I don't know. I am on record for a AL/FL landfall and I'm eating milkbone biscuits today! I think most of felt that what appeared to be a CDO twice yesterday would be the main center; it is, but not at the surface. GFS depicts this quite well in the mid levels. It wasn't until 90 minutes ago, I felt this way. But when that MCC fired up, time to rethink that NW movement NHC depicted. I'd kill to have their satellite links!!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center