recmod
(Weather Guru)
Sat Jun 11 2005 10:14 AM
Affects In Central Florida

I awoke at 5am this morning to pounding rain and very gusty winds. Those who know me from last season may remember that I live about 20 miles North of Orlando in Central FL. That "tail" of convection that some were talking about in last night's posts has worked its way right over my area. I stepped outside this morning to a scene eerily reminiscent of the storms of last year....albeit on a somewhat smaller scale. We now have tornado watches issued for virtually the entire peninsula, effective at 5am until 5pm EDT this evening. One tornado warning has already been issued at 445am for a doppler-indicated tornado in Brevard County. Regardless of whether Arlene makes the cut and upgrades to a hurricane, this storm has a wide reach of nasty weather.

Just a footnote....should the storm make the upgrade, this would be HURRICANE #1 that impacted Florida so far in the very early days of the 2005 season.... To those who poo-pooed the idea that there was no way that Florida could possibly experience a hurricane season remotely close to last year, I say....watch out. The season is young and we already have one under our belt.

--Lou

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center