Droop31
(Weather Watcher)
Sun Jun 12 2005 05:44 AM
Re: Arlene's Future

Hey guys, Had a fun day today watching Arlene from Gulf Breeze, near Navarre. I wasnt expecting much and got much more then I was expecting. We had very strong winds and heavy rain in the band (or eyewall if you wanna call it that) of convection that developed on the eastern edge of Arlenes center. Lost power in the neighborhood briefly too. The winds were howling through the trees and we had a fairly large branch end up on our roof but other then that just a bunch of leafs and other foilage to clean up. The winds today though werent very sustained at all, maybe close to 35mph at the most, but some of those gust were ferocious. I'd estimate some gust were around 55-65mph. Didnt last long though, about a good hour of fun and then it was off to work at 3pm. Anyways, looking forward to the rest of the season. This was a good test for all. I'll tell you though, there isnt one complacent person here in Gulf Breeze/Pensacola. I had to work Friday afternoon and night until 9pm and I had never seen the grocery store(Bruno's) so crowded. People almost seemed panicked. I guess thats a good thing because they atleast were preparing theirselves. We nearly ran out of all the essentials. Luckily I got off at 9 and didnt have to worry about re-stocking everything lol. Anways, sorry for the long post. Its been a rather exciting last few days with very little sleep and I will say Im gonna sleep like a baby tonight. Have a good one ya'll and happy tracking.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center