B.C.Francis
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Jun 23 2005 12:52 PM
Re: 94L invest

Howdy neighbor. I know one thing for sure, we over on the island have to have flood insurance. If we get a major hurricane( I pray not) it always concerns me about storm surge, especially if the storm hits at high tide. That scares me worse than the wind. Over in Melbourne I`d be concerned if I lived on a canal or close to the Indian River. Low lying areas are sometimes prone to run off water when a storm dumps several inches of rain in a short amount of time. Ask your neighbors about past rain events in your area, maybe they can shed some insight into any flooding problems that have occurred in the past.......Be prepared, its going to be a long interesting summer for us in Brevard.........Weatherchef

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center