Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Jun 23 2005 09:28 PM
Re: disturbance near nicaragua

>>Tropics-wise, 94L's on or near its last hurrah, while activity associated with a new complex south of the Gulf of Tehuantepec is on the increase. Some slow development of that is likely over the next few days.

Only in as much as it's "94L." The wave that spawned it is still in full effect and continues moving WNW while some of the energy got entrained into the east side of the MLL/ULL moving across Southern FL. Like last night, look for a burst late and another pulse down. If anything's happening with this entity, it won't be until Saturday or Sunday at the earliest. The ECWMF which has had the best handle on the future of the system from the get-go (or at least the southern side prior to the partial splitting of the wave energy) is down right now. I haven't seen the 12z runs to see if it still wants to do that low off the upper Texas Coast come Monday or Tuesday. The convective feedback issues associated with the GFS & CMC have many people along the Carolina coast a bit edgy. I think something could get going there, but it's more likely to be a rogue type NEer storm or possibly a weak system at the surface. The ECWMF completely ignores that energy so it's not all that correct either. But as a trackable entity, the southern part of that wave was the real deal. Once the upper low is out the way and the surface trof weakens in the wake of high pressure building over the SE Gulf aloft, something could get going.

So even if you're writing off 94l as the NRL did, I don't think the wave itself should be written off yet. Best shot is a deep surge of tropical moisture with a very outside chance for up to a mid-grade Tropical Storm come Monday or so.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center