Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Fri Jun 24 2005 01:13 AM
Re: splitter

Hey, all! I think that every time I come to check out the page, a new system "may or may not" be developing...maybe I should just stay away!
If something DOES form and effect Florida, it'll probably be over the 4th of July weekend because a) we're going to the races; b) it's a holiday weekend and the state will be packed for the above mentioned races & for the SunNFun and c) it's my husband's birthday.
Katie...we got some really horrendous storms yesterday; I, too, saw a dog and maybe a cow fly through my backyard. Today wasn't nearly as bad, I think maybe just a squirrel flew by the kitchen window.
Re the flood insurance for an "X" flood zone: I, too, live in a FEMA "X" zone and thought I better get insurance. I think it's also called the "100 Year Flood". Last year, I decided that it would be smart to get this insurance just because *you never know* and after talking to my insurance agent, I decided to go ahead and purchase it. My husband remarked that the likelihood of us ever getting flooded out was very remote. That was before Charley, Frances and Jeanne.
You just never know, and if you can squeeze it into your budget (it's pretty cheap) you might just be counting your blessings down the road.
With that, I'll go see what other trouble I can stir up in the tropics.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center