Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Fri Jun 24 2005 02:49 PM
Re: 4th weather & This Weekend

Katie...today's weather should be great. If you're a duck. Who knows, before long we might see some of those guys flying backwards soon. Since you live in Winter Haven (I think), and the moisture is moving east to west, you'll probably get wet before I do. Wanna go in with me on the purchase of a canoe?
As for the 4th...I shouldn't complain if we get some showers to cool off. Two years ago it was so hot (like 400 degrees) that after we had wandered around aimlessly for an hour looking for my husband's customer that by the time we got back, I was oozing salt and could have provided enough of it for a whole herd of deer. Last year, it was not QUITE as hot, but we got pummelled with a huge t-storm about 45 minutes before the race was supposed to start. 2 guys got struck by lightning near the merchandise trailers; they weren't killed, but I'm sure it hurt. Not that some of these people are the smartest people in world: "Oh, gee whiz, it's going to storm..let's go buy some memorabelia near the all metal trailers that serve as lightning magnets...anyone with me?"
Can you say DUH?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center