Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Fri Jun 24 2005 03:53 PM
Re: Space Coast

Yes...I saw that you guys over there are getting hammered..by the weather! So far, we're just getting some wind gusts with a few sprinkles here and there, but the clouds are really starting to look ominous now. The beach balls in my pool are going around in circles.
You know, I was JUST kidding when I said that I wouldn't be surprised to see ducks flying backwards. However, while I was out on the porch area by the pool getting some things out of rain's way, my prediction came true. A couple of reckless blue jays were flying at high rate of speed and one of them slammed right into a section of screen. He hit so hard that he went flying BACKWARDS. It took him a couple of minutes to gather his wits about him, but after shaking his ruffled feathers and shrieking a bit, he proceeded to restart his trip.
And promptly flew right into the screen again. I don't think he has a very good sense of direction.
Stay safe!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center