HanKFranK
(User)
Sat Jun 25 2005 03:57 PM
no interest?

partially true, but there are folks outside of florida who dig this site too. 'sides, it's saturday morning and we've got one of those 'might be' systems, so the boards aren't jumping.
nhc likes to get all philosophical about systems like this... it's likely to be called subtropical unless a couple of thunderstorms blow near the center. as is it's sheared and fighting subsidence... it may not get the call with recon... but i'd put money on it getting a classification by the time it comes in tomorrow (late morning sunday near georgetown is my guess as either a weak TS or subtrop). the ingredients for a strong system aren't lined up (i wouldn't say they aren't there.. put that low east 100 miles and it'd be a solid ts further up the coast). as this thing moves inland it should slow down, but heavy rainfall amounts should be isolated due to the structure of the system and the fact that post-landfall convection should become more diurnal. i'm not thinking it'll do much more than arlene did. but then, this is still a lot for june.
there are a couple of fairly energetic tropical waves out in the eastern atlantic coming across, too. not very high amplitude and unlikely to do anything out there. still, the same features midway into july would be much more interesting; that time is drawing near as well. i reckon we'll see some activity next month before things really get going aug/sep.
HF 1653z25june

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center