Katie
(Weather Guru)
Wed Jun 29 2005 01:42 PM
Re: Weird

wow, we got some serious rain last night!

It was a river down the road. You could see the current and everything. Amazing how in just a short span of time, you can swim in your lawn.

Colleen, I have to agree with you about last year and this year feelings. Only thing different is it seems like we are wetter this year than were last year at this time. Which if we have another active season, I don't know what South East Polk County is going to do. Crooked Lake is already closing in on Hwy 27 which I remember being able to walk across most of that lake when I was younger so to see it up that high is quite frankly a little scary.

And who needs TV personalities to tell us the weather, I have it about down. Just dry my hair walk out side, if it curls - we are going to have a wet day, it it stays straight for more than an hour - we are good to go with warm, dry air. Girls, you feel me?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center