Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Wed Jun 29 2005 03:29 PM
Re: Weird

Katie didn't say anything was weird...she was commenting on how much wetter we are than last year this time. You have to admit that we have had much more rain --- especially in the southern part of the state -- than we did last year. She's also correct about not needing a TV broadcast to tell whether or not it's going to rain based on what her hair does. Lots of people can tell in different ways -- their hands hurt, their knees hurt, etc. whether or not we are going to get rain. Whenever we have a low pressure system near us, I can tell because my right ear is extremely painful...it never fails. If my ear hurts a lot, I know we're going to get clobbered by t-storms.
I have to believe that before there were TV's, weather satellites, hurricane hunters and all the fancy gadgets we have today to predict weather, people could gage the weather based on their own instincts.
As for Bret being downgraded, I'm not that surprised since it wasn't that impressive of a storm to begin with...I'm just glad it isn't forecast to cause a lot of destruction.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center