Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Jun 29 2005 07:42 PM
Re: Tropical Wave

Jamie,

I'm talking about the first wave, not the second. The second (the one I called the playa) will have more issues with a trof than the islands wave. The islands wave is already up against a trof that is migrating down to the SW (already has its nose into the Pacific Ocean). So as soon as that backs away, a ridge should build overtop. With high pressure entrenched across the Atlanic at least for the next 4-5 days, I think it's a Mexico or Texas system most likely, but obviously, it's WAAAAAAAAAAAY to early to even say that since all we have is a wave anyway. But it looks pretty solid on sat.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center