danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Wed Jun 29 2005 10:45 PM
Now Back to our Regular Programming

Thanks for all of your input, and most of the output too!
While this isn't the "Storm Forum", we do need to try and stay On Topic.
I didn't say anyone Was Off Topic, but I think we came close enough.
Note: Personal attacks will be removed from the board, and the sentence will be left up to John, Mike and ED. Not necessarily in that order.
Thanks.

Those of you that aren't registered. Please feel free to register. We don't do popups or ads.
It allows members to PM you instead of having to post it on the board.

I've been watching the 'playa' tm Steve, since it rolled of the African Coast. At that time it was more than 10 degrees, in length, N to S, and contained a large amount of convection. Once it passed into the Atlantic, the convection dropped to almost half it's previous coverage.

GFS has been picking up on this wave for the last 24-48 hours. However, as big and tough as it looks. The GFS is taking it to the NE side of the Lesser Antilles. And then into the Central Atlantic.
Along the southern trailing edge of this wave GFS is indicating a smaller, more intense vortice at 850mb. This vortice is predicted to move on a more westerly track. But the mountains of the Lesser Antilles manage to knock the spin (helicity) out of it. Wave does maintain a poorly visible signature into the Caribbean Sea. But I don't recall seeing it pass Jamaica.

GOM...a few surface lows with rain and 10-20kt winds popped up now and then in the GOM. None were able to maintain a vortice or TS force winds at 850mb.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center