GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sun Jul 03 2005 06:49 PM
Re: TD? and the Yucatan

I have observed the radar over cuba that is from the key west long range and the rain is moving southeast to west northwest (sort of), the rain over Central Florida is coming in from the southwest in an almost training effect. My understanding is that high pressure falls into low pressure, so going against dry air would be like attacking a brick wall assuming pressure gradients are far enough apart. That might have the center, if there is one, crawling up the east coast of the Yucatan as opposed to crossing it. I am not going to try to guess whether there is a closed low or open low or whatever. This is just some faint memories of flight ground school back in the early 70's and I may have all the meterology I learned backwards or not at all at this point.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center