Clark
(Meteorologist)
Tue Jul 05 2005 06:22 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Dennis Forms in Caribbean, Cindy in Gulf

I've posted my thoughts on both storms on the main page, at the bottom in the blog section, so check it out if you're interested.

The biggest thing I can say with regards to both storms is to be prepared, but do not panic. Knowing that these storms are out there now, Cindy thankfully weak (though trying to get better organized) and Dennis well away from a US (or even Caribbean) landfall, along with already having seen 2 other storms this season, is the biggest key in knowing to be prepared. Being able to get what you need now and following the storms, listening to the authorities (NHC, NWS, emer. mgmt.), and being ready to move out if need be are all keys to keeping panic from setting in. Do not focus in on those in the media who, unfortunately, try to harp on one or two long-range model runs or present a doom & gloom scenario for either of the two storms; do, however, stay tuned to those who are trying to present you with accurate information you need to know to make a decision (like Jason & many others out there).

Dennis does have the potential to be quite the menace (pardon the pun) while Cindy is already menacing to many along the northern Gulf coast. Myself, I have family who planned a vacation there for this week, and I've got to watch out for their safety. Do the same for yourself or those you know, and stay tuned to see what else these storms and this season may bring.

(Probably a new acronym to replace TSFH from last year!)

Interesting trivia: never in recorded history have we seen 6 tropical cyclones in the Atlantic before August. Five has happened on a few occasions, but never 6. We are on pace for 7, though I imagine things will slow down just a bit once we are through with Dennis. Still, we could set history in more than one way with this season...and not in a good way, either.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center