WeatherNLU
(Meteorologist)
Wed Jul 06 2005 03:42 AM
Re: Cindy Landfalls, Dennis still Being Watched

10:30PM Update from Tropical Storm Cindy (New Orleans, LA)

Well the first batch of serious rain has arrived here about 20 minutes ago. Sustained winds of about 25-30 mph right now with a gust to 35-40 every now and again. Nothing to write home about at this point. Down in Grand Isle though they have taken quite the beatin' as the mayor and councilman were just on talking about how they are ready for Cindy to move out. Still waiting for the worst of it, it's probably about an hour away. The thing that has me somewhat worried is that Cindy seems to have slowed down somewhat and doesn't look to be moving a whole bunch right now. Hopefully, it's just the interaction with land.

P.S. I am not paying any attention to Dennis right now except to look at the tracks and what not to see where it is going but here is a word of advice. Stop worrying about every little move here and there when the thing is four days out from the Gulf. I hate to say it but I see some potential "wishcasting" going on in here. If you want one that bad, you can have ours. We surely don't need them here in New Orleans.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center