danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Wed Jul 06 2005 03:57 AM
Re: Cindy Landfalls, Dennis still Being Watched

Quote:

P.S. I am not paying any attention to Dennis right now except to look at the tracks and what not to see where it is going but here is a word of advice. Stop worrying about every little move here and there when the thing is four days out from the Gulf. I hate to say it but I see some potential "wishcasting" going on in here. If you want one that bad, you can have ours. We surely don't need them here in New Orleans.

Like Shawn said.
Dennis is roughly 3-5 days out of the Gulf of Mexico. High numbers in the probability of it coming into the GOM.
If you live anywhere along the Gulf of Mexico please make sure that things are in order now. Like fuel, disaster supplies, and flood insurance.
Have everything ready to go, whether you leave or not, and when Dennis enters the GOM, you won't have to worry about preparations.
Plan now for leaving, and hope that you don't have to.
Storms rarely move faster than 20 mile per hour, so there is plenty of time to do other things right now.
Once Dennis arrives in the GOM you can watch his every move, knowing that you are ready.

Oh, don't forget to make sure that family, freinds and others are ready too.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center