Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Jul 06 2005 02:07 PM
Re: The High Pressure Ridge

At Stennis Space Center NASA uses the NHC forecasts for action...

my initial thoughs on Dennis is that I just don't think we'll have the same type climatological conditions that saw Charlie take that hard right to the NE and plow through Punta Gorda... my gut feeling, even if the ridge now protecting Fl were to weaken, the system will take a more classical route similar to what Georges, Frederick and Ivan took.... the ridge would really have to weaken significantly and you'd have to have upper air dynamics pushing the system off to the NE... of course I could be totally wrong and probably will be but right now everything looks to be setting up for a central or east central Gulf Coast event... as Jason Kelly says, look for the trends in the models, not just one or two runs... you need only to remember what the models did with Ivan... they basically stunk up the place and were way off 5-7 days out and I think only the Canadian was the western outlier and had the system moving towards the Gulf Coast...... anywho what the heck do I know.... my speciality if boarding up windows...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center