Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Jul 06 2005 02:15 PM
Re: Cindy

Just my observations on Cindy:

I am in New Orleans and am an untrained observer, but I think Cindy was stronger in the city than Ivan, Isadore, Lilly or Bill....at least when you look at tree damage and power outages. Our power was out this AM and they tell me it went out around 330am...still not back yet...that is a record for us. Apparently there were waves of strong winds at around 130am and 330am (I bought earplugs and slept thru like a baby--highly recommend that). There are a few big oak trees down, lots of smaller branches and palm fronds...street littered with leaves and twigs...wind was strong enough to overturn lawn chairs/tables/bbq pits and the like but I still have not seen a reported wind higher than 55. Definitely not a disaster...went to work as usual as we have power...but everyone has commented on the unexpected strength of the storm.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center