Rick on boat in Mobile
(Weather Drama Guru)
Wed Jul 06 2005 03:29 PM
Re: East shift?????

who knows where it will hit as yet...but it's fun to conjecture. It all depends on the high pressure system....

no feeling yet about Dennis. been toooo busy this morning...but one thing I do know....no one can take their eyes off of it. I wonder what the SST's are...

remember Gilbert?....strongest storm ever, I think. Lowest barometric pressure ever recorded in the Atlantic Basin?....at any rate, I say that to say this....If Dennis gets strong enough quick enough...I think the big boys and girls tend to go in a more linear path...and are apt to ignore steering currents. Remember, the models do not take into consideration this effect, since there is little understanding of what makes a hurricane go from a 3 to a 4 or 5....

I think I know what makes it do that....

someone's trying to torture us...

It will be interesting to see what the overall timing of the intensification proves to be in relation to the landfall. Andrew blossomed at just the wrong moment...to hit as a category 5. The hurricanes have a time table, and an oscillation, if you will....

now if any of this is wrong, please, I want everyone's input...but this is stuff I have picked up on in the last 10 years ....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center