doug
(Weather Analyst)
Wed Jul 06 2005 04:30 PM
Re: East shift?????

That is actually not new. I try to have fun with this stuff &
I too try to do my own study of what's happening ahead of the storm from the only tools we have actually: PIX from above. I just spent a few minutes on the 8km visible loop and note that the flow ahead of Dennis is pretty consistent until about 83w. Then the flow sharply turns north. The flow around the high centered just NE of the penindula is just off the northern cuba coast and it also curves encircling the peninsula...
There is a short wave trough visible with distrubances rapidly digging to the SE through Arkansas and Texas and a point of convergence diagonally across the GOM from the Yucatan into the Florida Panhandle
It looks like these distrubances will get down into the western GOM region ahead of Dennis' emergence into the central GOM, and if so could invigorate the SW-NE flow ahead of it keeping Dennis from ever going to far past 83w.
If it stayed as is now...Dennis would track into the panhandle in my opinion.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center