Katie
(Weather Guru)
Wed Jul 06 2005 05:02 PM
Re: East shift?????

Lysis, as you said the media likes to jump on things like this (being storms) but, last night with exception of TWC and local 11 p.m. news casts, I couldn't find any live coverage of Cindy. I guess it isn't "big" enough news for them or what? I mean, had it been a CAT III or more, you know that idiots from every station in the US would be at the place of landfall waiting for a tree to come flying through the air, only to knock them out for that video coverage of how strong the winds are. What's the deal? IMHO, I think every storm regardless of Catagory deserves recognition. People need to be aware that even a TS can pack a punch.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center