AdvAutoBob
(Weather Watcher)
Wed Jul 06 2005 05:15 PM
Re: Effect on Oil and Gas???

Quote:

Model runs really are vascillating all over the place, while the NHC track is sticking to the east side of most of the guidance. Last night's 00z FSU MM5 took to storm into Tallahassee, quite a bit of an eastward shift. The 06z GFDL was in the same area as well. The 12z Canadian is even further east, taking the storm up the west side of Florida (very fast, I might add), which cannot completely be discounted as the model has done well this year to date. By contrast, the 12z GFS and UKMET are both presenting a doomsday scenario for New Orleans. The 00z NOGAPS -- and most of the other models -- are somewhere in between.

What does it all mean? We really don't know where the storm is going to go, but we can likely pin it down away from Texas now. Other than that, anywhere from Louisiana to the Keys is still very much under the gun, and we won't know a lot more until the storm get closer to land and the surveillance aircraft gets out there to give us some extra data for ingestion into the models.

Thanks Clark...
For myself, being in SW Florida, I'll go ahead and get the generator fueled and ready (just in case). Most of my storm prep I did back in late May.

As was stated earlier...until it passes your lat/long you're not out of the woods..

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center