recmod
(Weather Guru)
Wed Jul 06 2005 06:12 PM
What About The Storm Structure?

I have been reading the 200+ posts made this morning all commenting on this model run vs that model run, with everyone debating the storm's future track. But not one comment has been made as to the storm's strength / structure. I would like some input from some of the more meteorologically inclined folks (you know who you are!) as to exactly what Dennis is doing structure wise. My personal (unprofessional) opinion is that the storm looks a whole lot less organised than it did last night. The convection is not as intense (this was even mentioned in the last NHC discussion) and seems to be more ragged. Looking at the visible shot, there hardly appears to be any clouds at all in the NW quadrant....I just don't see any rapid intensification happening in the near future. Anyone else see what I am talking about, or am I not reading this correctly? I know developing storms sometimes go through convective cycles, but the past 8 hours has not seen nearly the convective cold cloud tops we saw last night.

--Lou

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center