Doombot!
(Weather Guru)
Wed Jul 06 2005 11:32 PM
Re: Best Meteorologist in Tampa

Quote:

And as for who I don't like -- that would be Denis Phillips (ABC 28). He always seems to have an overbearing attitude on-air, in the way he says things and how he comes across. Last year, he was adamant up until landfall practically that Charley was coming to Tampa Bay, not Punta Gorda.

Anyone but Dennis Phillips. He's an overbearing, lecturing know-it-all that is almost always wrong.

BTW, yes on the NW thing which would be worse for Florida if this isn't a jog. And someone called for Cat IV, and I'd have to agree if it totally misses Jamaca. I wouldn't be shocked to see Cat II at 11 based on how it's been blowing up the past 3 hours.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center