Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Jul 07 2005 12:37 PM
Re: A Wobble NW

Quote:

I'm sure that nothing will change track wise, unless this wobble become more consistant. I was just listening to FOX News on the radio, they are telling Central Florida that they are in the clear, with nothing to worry about.
My thought is that this statement is a little premature. In my 20 years of living in Florida, the only thing you can count on when it comes to Hurricanes is....
DON'T! It's not over untill its on shore and even then it's NOT necessarily over.
Didn't Ivan do a stroll around the perverbal block.

As usual the media can't be trusted. I took a galnce at this mornings models..there HAS definitely been a shift to the right (east). The 06Z GFS had NO as ground zero yesterday but now has Pannma City FL..looks like a shift east of about 200 miles. The 00Z canadian and GFDL are both very close to the west coast of Florida, with the CMC model actually taking the storm inland along the peninsula..If current trends continue, I think a lot of people will be surprised on the west coast of FL

Let's be a little nicer towards the news media next time...we aren't ALL bad....JK

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center