WeatherNLU
(Meteorologist)
Thu Jul 07 2005 04:27 PM
Re: A Wobble NW

It's awfully hard for a hurricane of Dennis' size to make a west Florida impact coming from the Western Caribbean and the SE GOM. Charley did it, but it's rather uncommon. I just don't see it happening, especially with the current pattern. I think the area that needs to be very concerned is from Grand Isle, LA to Pensacola, FL. I am not saying that everyone else should let down their guard, this is just my opinion on the developing situation. Everyone has to stop looking at the short term motions (i.e a 3 hour sample) and look at a running 24 hours minimum. Small jogs to the west and north are common and are going to continue to occur. There is no need to freak out over each and every one.

I can tell you that I am deeply troubled about the possibility of a New Orleans impact and I am already beginning to make plans. The amazing thing is that hotels are already sold out across the region.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center