Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Thu Jul 07 2005 06:32 PM
Re: Hurricane Watches up For Keys, Tropical Storm Watch For Southern Florida Dennis

Lysis...I've been watching and reading the newspaper the last couple of days and I haven't seen ANY of the mets say it wouldn't affect us at all...we were still in the "cone" and most of them that I saw kept repeating that "we have to keep a very close eye on this because the margin of error is large this far out". Now, I grant you that I haven't been able to watch ALL of them at the same time, so I might have missed one or two, but I think in general they have been very responsible in their reporting.
People need to pay attention to the "cone" not the black line..unfortunately, even though the people down in Punta Gorda were under a hurricane warning, a lot of people chose NOT to leave.
Let's hope that EVERYONE learned something from last year's season and prepare to leave if they are asked to this time.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center