VandyBrad
(Weather Hobbyist)
Fri Jul 08 2005 04:02 AM
Re: Dennis and Cuba

Thanks for the prompt reply Clark. I think I'm going to have to call it a night as I've got a long day of research in the lab ahead of me. I want to take a second to thank everyone in this community for all of the insite they provide into these storms. I've tried to follow FLHurricane.com pretty religiously lately to try and help me plan what sort of emergency steps I need to take to make my lab at UF ready for a storm. As of now, it looks like we'll be out of the most severe weather, nothing like we experienced with Frances and Jeanne last year. As such, I don't think that I will take any steps tomorrow to "batten down the hatches" in the lab, but I'll have to keep a close eye on things in case Dennis decides to put a stop to the progress I've been making here. Such a scenario would put me in the lab on Sunday getting things ready. Unfortunately, the Gainesville area does not have a largely reliable weather source at our disposal. Most of our information comes out of Orlando or Jacksonville and neither of those mets pay much attention to us. That is where this community helps the most in my case. G'night all.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center