HanKFranK
(User)
Fri Jul 08 2005 04:20 AM
Re: Dennis and Cuba

it went over that little jut at cabo cruz an hour or two ago... inner core looks less symmetrical now. it ought to take half of tomorrow crossing central cuba at an oblique angle. the progs are still for the panhandle in the end.... the intensity track looks fair though i take note of the fact that hurricanes approaching the northern gulf coast usually weaken more than forecast. i was thinking okaloosa county fl this morning.. a little east over to walton/bay as of the evening. not going over any further, though. 100kt looks about right, give or take 10kt. 4PM Sunday the 10th, + or - 3 hrs.
gonna go see if i can find when the last july category 4 hurricane was. i'm sure it'll take a while.
the wave near the islands is staying active and low. it has a good chance to be something when it reaches the islands in 4-5 days.
catch y'all folks later.
HF 0519z08july

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center