Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Fri Jul 08 2005 04:30 AM
Re: Dennis and Cuba

Dr. Max from NHC was just on CNN headline news and i think it was live, cuz he was talking about ham radio reports of major damage in south cuba with 20ft plus storm surge... and expects dennis to regain to a cat 3 maybe a 4 after crossing cuba into GOM.... also said that this is only the 7th time in history of tracking canes has there been a major one in july....

Here in PCB:
Also was able to fill up tanks for generator with gas an hour ago at a gas station..... most gas now is around town is $2.43 for unleaded, but i found a tom thumb for $2.13....yep!!!! the lines were all the way around the store!!!! i say maybe 40 plus vehicles too!!!! i talked to a person in side and he said a truck was a hour away and that they were told gas was going up 20 cents when it gets there from there supplier....said they are talking about how cindy affected them in GOM and cut production..... i think the state needs to jump in now and help!!!!!
Also wally world (wal-mart) was out of water/batteries and some other things.....good thing i went tuesday and got stuff!!!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center