Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Fri Jul 08 2005 04:42 AM
Re: Dennis and Cuba

I just spent a good 20-25 minutes looking at loops. As I looked at the at the water vapor loops for the GOM, Western Caribbean and Atlantic, I noticed some interesting things. It does appear to my untrained eyes that the short-wave trough is digging further south into the GOM. Then when I looked at the other one, it looks like Cindy's remnants are pushing the Bermuda High further east. The trough was not down this far about 4 - 5 hours ago. I made a note of it to keep checking back, and sure enough it does look like it's stronger than what the models were picking up on.
At least to me...if someone else wants to look at it and tell me if I'm right or wrong, please feel free to do so.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center